8-12 oz mushrooms of choice–Chanterelles and Oysters used here
- 1 lb Pasta
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp Zab’s Hot Honey
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme ~5-8 sprigs (or 1 Tsp dried thyme)
- Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Parmesan to top
Whip melted butter with honey and thyme until combined, and set aside.
- Cook Pasta according to the pasta instructions on the package
- Meanwhile, while the pasta cooks heat a medium cast iron or stainless steel pan over medium heat. Add your mushrooms (cut into bite-sized pieces if they are in clusters,) with a pinch of salt. Let the mushrooms cook, stirring occasionally until they have released most of their water contents~ about 4 minutes.
- The mushrooms should release a decent amount of liquid, and when it looks like most of it has evaporated, add the hot honey butter mixture to the pan to let the mushrooms fry. Continue to cook until mushrooms begin to brown. If butter begins to brown or burn before the mushrooms are fully cooked, add a bit of oil to the pan.
- When the mushrooms have browned, add lots of black pepper to the pan and salt to taste.
- Add the pasta to the pan, tossing with the mushrooms and hot honey butter mixture until combined.
- Top with fresh parmesan and a few sprigs of fresh thyme, and enjoy!