1 15 oz can great northern beans (cannellini beans work too)
½ bulb fennel finely chopped
1/2 shallot finely chopped
3 oz pancetta
5 sprigs (about 3 tsp) fresh thyme
3 tbsp fresh dill
½ cup chopped snap peas
2 tbsp zabs hot honey mustard
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
drizzle of good olive oil
salt and black pepper to taste
Add Pancetta to a skillet on a low temperature and slowly render out some of the fat then turn the heat up when the pancetta begins to sizzle in it’s own oil to finish crisping.
- Remove pancetta with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, to make the dressing, combine Zab’s hot honey mustard, red wine vinegar, olive oil, a small pinch of salt (the pancetta is salty) and black pepper. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine Beans, finely chopped fennel, finely chopped shallot, thyme, dill, snap peas and crisped pancetta.
- Toss in prepared dressing then serve.
- *This recipe can easily be scaled up 2 or 3x to be a main instead of a side.
- *If you want a cozier bean salad, as a first step, heat your beans in a small pot in their canned liquid until simmering, then drain before adding to the salad.