Grilled Cheese and Spicy Tomato Soup for the Soul
Zab’s Saucemaster General
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 bulb of fennel, chopped
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 10 tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 Cup vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons (or to taste) Zab’s Original Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 c whole milk low moisture mozzarella, grated
- 1/2 C sharp cheddar, grated
Salt & Pepper to taste
Zab's Spicy Tomato Soup
Place pot over medium heat.
- Add olive oil until shimmering
- Add onion, fennel and garlic sauté until translucent.
- Add tomatoes and veggie stock, cover and simmer 30 minutes.
Season with salt & pepper.
- Put in a blender and blend until smooth.
Return soup to clean pot and add cream and Zab’s Original Hot Sauce
Season to taste.
- Melt half the butter in a cast iron pan on medium low heat.
- Add one slice of bread then the cheese and then the second slice of bread.
- Press the sandwich with a weight.
Once first side is golden brown flip the sandwich and add the second half of the butter. Once second side is brown and cheese is melted it’s done.
Dip and Enjoy!